Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Super8 Still

  1. #1
    Inactive Member peter_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the way you've played with depth of field on such a small scale. I imagine that's particularly difficult to do with super8. Tell me, what was the film about?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Yammeryammeryammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks hot. Seems like a good transfer too. I've seen some shitty ones of Kodachrome before...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To be honest I am not the biggest fan of Kodachrome. It does have a unique look but to me it can seem somewhat dated.

    The transfer was done by www.posthouse.com they do all of my Super8 transfers.

    As to what the movie is about. It is about my life in relation to Robert Pirsig(Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance). It could be called Creative Non-Fiction and has even been called a "Poem Movie". I was able to track Robert down and we exchanged some calls and letters. In the end the movie is about not finding him and never truly being able to find him. Since the man who wrote the book is not the same man that I had been talking with....Follow??

    Good Luck

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 28, 2004 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Nigel ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is a still from a movie I shot a few years back called "In Search of Robert Pirsig".

    http://public.fotki.com/eXposure/mik...vessuper8.html

    Tell me what you think.

    Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •